Bag Check Policy
In the interest of our guests’ safety, the following items may not be brought into The Cedar Polka Fest:
- Outside food and beverage of any kind (INCLUDING ALCOHOL)
- Marijuana or illegal narcotics, including accessories or paraphernalia associated with marijuana or illegal narcotics use
- Animals (except approved service animals or service animals in training)
- Bottles and liquid containers (glass, plastic and aluminum)
- Coolers of any kind. (Exceptions may be made for medical use)
- Weapons of any kind (including firearms, pocketknives, pepper spray and mace), toy/fake weapons (including squirt guns or super soakers)
*PLEASE NOTE: ALL BAGS WILL BE SEARCHED EACH TIME YOU ENTER THE FESTIVAL. ANY AND ALL CONFISCATED ITEMS OR ANY ITEMS VOLUNTARILY SURRENDERED, WILL NOT BE HELD, CHECKED OR RETURNED.
Frequently Asked Questions
The Village of Cedar It is located 13 miles Northwest of Traverse City, and 5 miles north of M-72.
The festival takes place in downtown Cedar under the ‘Big Tent’ on the Cedar Tennis Courts just off County Road 651. At the 4-way stop in the center of downtown Cedar, turn East on to Sullivan Street.
We have an amazing lineup scheduled! Each year is a little different, visit the lineup page to learn more about this years bands.
Parking is on a first come first serve basis and tends to fill up quickly. Be prepared to walk a fair distance to the tent. We do allow drop off and pick up of guests in front of the tent.
BATA will offer free rides on Thursday, Friday & Saturday from Traverse City starting at 5:00 PM. The first bus will leave Meijer US-31 (Bus shelter near the Tesla charging stations) and stop at the BATA main transfer station on Hall St, and then on to Cedar. This is a continuous loop with the last bus leaving Cedar at 11:30 PM.
Due to Health Department regulations, only service animals are allowed under the ‘Big Tent’ at the Cedar Polka Festival. However, we do allow runners to run with their pets in Run 4 The Kielbasa & the Little Pierogi Fun Run. Pets are also allowed at any events held outside of the tent including: ‘The Leelanau Performance Pol Car Fest’, ‘The Classic Car & Motorcycle Show’, ‘The Polka Fest Parade’, and the ‘Polka Arts & Crafts Show’.
Due to State of Michigan LCC Laws, no outside beverages may be brought under the ‘Big Tent’. This includes refillable water bottles.